Building an IT Strategy for your business
Most small businesses do not have an IT Strategy. Most do not have the time to write one or the knowledge to know what the benefits of having one are.
Why do I need an IT Strategy?
An IT Strategy is not just for big organisations with expensive IT hardware. In fact, it is more important for small businesses to have an IT Strategy to maximise the return on IT for the minimal cost.
What does an IT Strategy cover?
An effective IT Strategy works with the business plan to identify the following:
- Potential risks to the daily functioning of the business from IT related issues.
- Policies put in place to deal with problems with IT, for example hardware failures.
- Business continuity plans to cope with major problems.
- Potential areas for business improvement through changes to existing IT and the introduction of new solutions.
- Short, medium and long term plans for improvement with targets.
How much work is involved?
Creating an IT Strategy for a small business can be straight forward and simple if taken in small steps:
Start with a free of charge IT Health Check to make sure there are no immediate problems with Viruses, Backups or Security.
Request and take part in an IT Review to begin to understand the current situation and look for opportunities for improvement.
We will write a draft IT Strategy based on the results of the IT Review and discussions with you about your vision for your business.
You can then use your IT Strategy to help grow your business, make improvements and save time and money.
How do I start?
Contact Allerton IT Services using the details on the right hand side of this page or via the Contact section of the website.